Coddington, Hicks & Danforth is a dynamic law firm based in Redwood City, California, that has earned a national reputation for integrity, high-quality legal representation, responsiveness and results. The firm was founded in 1977 to provide high-quality legal representation for the aviation, aerospace and insurance industries.
Since then, we have drawn on the technical experience and trial skills of our lawyers to expand our practice areas to better serve our clients. We have managed our growth to ensure that our practice remains focused on exceptional representation. Coddington, Hicks & Danforth is committed to preserving the flexibility, responsiveness and outstanding service only a smaller firm can provide, and to maintaining the close relationships we have developed with our clients. We represent individuals, insurers, businesses, corporations, manufacturers and public entities, throughout the Bay Area and across the nation.
Our practice is founded on a tradition of integrity, quality legal representation, responsiveness and accessibility – all aimed at helping clients achieve favorable, cost-effective results.
The attorneys and staff at Coddington, Hicks & Danforth are committed to the following principles:
- Individualized client service: We care about our clients. Our skilled professionals are devoted to providing the personalized attention for clients available in small firms with big-firm results. We value relationships and collaborate with our clients to achieve the most favorable results possible.
- Representation with purpose: When you work with our professionals, we take the time to understand your needs, concerns and goals to craft the best legal strategy to serve your purposes.
- Flexible advocacy: We remain flexible at every stage of our representation to meet the needs of our clients. Circumstances can change during the course of a case. We continually collaborate with our clients to refine strategies as necessary to best serve our clients' goals.
- Achievement: We understand that clients value results; we take pride in our extensive record of success.
Our lawyers have garnered the respect of clients and our peers in the legal community. The firm has earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest levels of professional excellence and ethical standards
A number of our attorneys have been selected for inclusion on the list of Super Lawyers in Northern California, including:
- Randolph S. Hicks each year from 2007 through 2015
- Lee J. Danforth each year from 2009 through 2015
- R. Wardell Loveland each year from 2007 through 2010 and in 2014-2015
- Hyon M. Kientzy was included on the Northern California Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars in 2009, 2010 and 2014
- Nathan L. Winegar was included on the Northern California Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars in 2015
To learn more about the education, accomplishments and experience of our lawyers, please follow the attorney biography links below.
- Gina J. Beltramo
- Lee J. Danforth
- Alyssa T. Dang
- Richard G. Grotch
- Jonathan C. Harriman
- Randolph S. Hicks
- Min K. Kang
- Hyon M. Kientzy
- Kathryn C. Klaus
- R. Wardell Loveland
- Christiane Sinclair
- Nathan L. Winegar
To contact us, send us a message using our online contact form or call our office in Redwood City at 650-592-5400.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.