Jonathan C. Harriman
Jonathan handles a wide variety of complex tort, commercial and insurance litigation in both state and federal courts. His practice focuses on aviation, U.S. DOT investigations, consumer protection, products liability and business litigation. He has significant experience handling large-scale claims throughout all phases of litigation, including bench and jury trials.
Jonathan has represented international and domestic air carriers, aviation parts manufacturers, travel agencies, tour operators, consolidators, and technology platforms in a wide variety of proceedings. He has represented clients before the U.S. Department of Transportation in actions brought under the Unfair and Deceptive Practices statute (49 U.S.C. 41712), Full Fare Advertising Law (14 CFR 399.84), Codeshare Disclosure Law (14 CFR 257.5), Baggage Fee Disclosure Law (14 CFR 399.85) and related consumer protection laws.
In addition to trial litigation, Jonathan has significant experience with private arbitrations. He has represented clients in both domestic and international arbitration, including proceedings before the IATA Commissioner, Travel Agent Arbiter, as well as the Swiss Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Institution.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Business Law
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: Zief Scholarship recipient, Maritime Law Journal, Labor and Employment Law Students Association (LELSA)
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Honors: Harrison M. Trice Award recipient
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Balboa High School Law Academy Mentor