Coddington, Hicks & Danforth is a premier business, insurance law and litigation firm in Redwood City dedicated to helping business clients achieve success. Our skilled negotiators and legal counselors draw on nearly 40 years of experience to orchestrate and close effective business deals for businesses across California. In addition to providing strategic guidance in business transactions, our lawyers build long-term relationships with many of our small and midsized business clients. Business owners frequently turn to us for solid advice to mitigate risk in day-to-day operations.
Risk mitigation is critical in daily operations and transactions. For instance, if you are buying or selling a business, closing the deal properly requires many steps to protect your overall interests. Our attorneys work side-by-side with clients every step of the way. At each step, we provide practical advice to ensure our clients make informed decisions. Important considerations include:
- Due diligence on acquisitions, including intellectual property interests
- Determining the company valuation method best suited to the transaction
- Addressing e-commerce and technology issues
- Resolving zoning, land use, permits and business license matters, when necessary
- Business successors and assigns matters, including ensuring the transfer of interests related to business contracts is properly addressed under the terms of the overall transaction
We are skilled negotiators who work directly with clients to fashion agreements that reflect their goals and best interests. Our goal-oriented approach is designed to achieve results while guarding the interests of clients.
Business Counseling and Risk Mitigation for Established Businesses
The best legal strategy is to proactively avoid the risk of litigation. We draw on decades of experience to counsel clients in matters to safeguard the business for the future. Risk mitigation strategies include:
- Drafting solid contracts that clearly define the terms and include dispute resolution clauses
- Creating employee manuals and handbooks to address business policies to safeguard the company
- Drafting appropriate confidentiality agreements to protect trade secrets and proprietary information
Contact Our Attorneys in Redwood City to Discuss Your Business Plans
To learn more about how our decades of business law experience can safeguard your interests, fill out our online contact form or call our office in Redwood City at 650-592-5400. The initial consultation is free and our guidance will save you time and money.