Nearly 40 years ago, Coddington, Hicks & Danforth was founded with a focus on defending individuals and entities in the American aviation and aerospace industries. Today we are regarded as one of the premier aviation law firms in the country.
Our attorneys handle the entire spectrum of aviation and aerospace cases, including:
- Incidents, accidents and mass air disasters
- Unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
- General aviation accidents
- Contract and licensing disputes
- Aviation security matters, including hijacking and terrorist acts
- Hull damage claims
- Property damage claims
- Passenger misconduct matters
- Passenger injury and death claims
- Discrimination claims
- Disability-related passenger claims
- In-flight medical emergencies
- Product liability claims
- Regulatory issues and disputes
- Aviation insurance coverage disputes
- Aviation-related environmental claims and disputes
Our attorneys regularly represent airlines, airports, aircraft and component part designers and manufacturers, aircraft owners, operators, pilots, crew members, maintenance personnel, fixed-base operators, flight instructors, flight schools, flight clubs and others involved in the field of aviation.
Precedent-Setting, Cutting-Edge Representation
The firm has handled aviation cases that have involved a wide range of issues. These include, among many others, claims and suits involving allegations of:
- Civil rights violations by airlines and airport security providers
- Denial of access to automated technologies and services by individuals with disabilities
- Injuries and death involving commercial aircraft, private airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons and other aerial vehicles worldwide
- Property damage or theft, including grounding claims, claims involving transportation of live animals and stolen or lost property
- Damages or injuries sustained in connection with or as a result of the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft and their component parts
- Injuries and damages claimed to result from representations made in the sale of aircraft and instruction provided in the training of pilots
Our firm has been instrumental in shaping many of the current aviation laws through our litigation of the original precedent-setting cases.
For More Information About Aviation Law
To discuss your case with attorneys who are at the forefront of aviation law, call Coddington, Hicks & Danforth at 650-592-5400. We have offices in Redwood City and Santa Monica.