Employment litigation can be costly both to a business’s reputation and its bottom line. The attorneys at Coddington, Hicks & Danforth provide proactive guidance for California employers of all sizes to avoid disputes. We have offices in Redwood City and Santa Monica, California.
Risk Management Services for Employers
It is critical for today’s business owners and managers to have a working understanding of California and federal employment laws to minimize risk. There are many traps and pitfalls that can catch small and large businesses off guard.
Examples of the legal services we provide include:
- Drafting or reviewing employment policies, including those governing harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disability
- Classification of workers as exempt and nonexempt employees
- Classification of workers as employees or independent contractors
- ADA compliance and disputes
- Sexual harassment claims
- Discrimination claims based on gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, race, religion or nationality
- Creation of codes of conduct in the workplace, including internet usage
- Proper maintenance of personal records to mitigate risks
- Employment contract matters, including drafting appropriate noncompete and confidentiality agreements
- Drafting or reviewing rules regarding breaks and vacation and sick time
Representation in Employment Law Disputes
Our lawyers represent employers and employees in all aspects of employment law disputes. Because we represent employees and employers alike, we have the ability to view each individual case from every angle. Our thoroughness in analyzing, investigating and reviewing each situation is a valuable asset in preparing a strong case for our clients from the outset.
We represent clients in a wide range of claims, including unpaid overtime and other wage and hour disputes, sexual harassment, unsafe work conditions and breaches of employment contracts. Our business-savvy lawyers are particularly experienced in resolving executive employment disputes.
For More Information About Employment Law
For effective employer and employee representation, call Coddington, Hicks & Danforth at 650-592-5400. We offer a free and confidential consultation.