The rules and regulations that govern the insurance industry are substantial and often in flux. Insurers must comply with state and federal regulations to avoid exposure to disruptive regulatory findings of noncompliance. The lawyers at Coddington, Hicks & Danforth have represented insurance companies for nearly 40 years.
Insightful Guidance to Reduce the Risk of Regulatory Action
We are focused on providing proactive counseling, guidance, and educational services to help our insurance industry clients maintain cutting-edge business practices to reduce the risk of regulatory action and unnecessary insurance disputes. We also provide administrative litigation services to challenge adverse findings.
Our attorneys provide detailed counseling and administrative proceeding services in a wide range of insurance compliance matters, including:
- Responding to the California Department of Insurance (CDI) inquiries and enforcement actions
- Drafting and reviewing training curricula and conducting seminars for claims professionals involved in every stage of the claims process
- Assisting insurers in developing policies, procedures and best practices for claims department and SIU personnel
- Advising clients on matters related to their relationships in the auto body repair industry in general and individual body shops, including issues involving labor rates, allegations of steering and aftermarket parts
- Drafting manuals, policies and contracts to comply with insurance regulations
- Addressing privacy matters under state and federal regulations, including HIPAA, Medicare reporting, and antifraud regulations
- Counseling insurers on escheatment procedures
- Providing information about requirements for file maintenance and retention
We are dedicated to educating our clients in all aspects of claims compliance, privacy laws, antifraud regulations, claims handling privileges and avoiding compliance exposure.
For More Information About Insurance Compliance
Our attorneys are frequently called upon to assist at all stages of the legislative and regulatory process. This includes:
- Reviewing and providing comments regarding revisions to, and proposed language for, bills pending before state legislatures and regulations proposed by Departments of Insurance in California and throughout the country
- Testifying before legislative committees on behalf of insurers and the industry
- Speaking on behalf of insurers at Insurance Department workshops and public comment hearings
- Providing strategic support for constructive interface with trade groups holding adverse interests
- Providing advice regarding industry trends throughout the nation
To discuss your insurance compliance concerns with a skilled lawyer, we invite you to call Coddington, Hicks & Danforth in Redwood City and Santa Monica, California, at 650-592-5400 to arrange a consultation.